We know that athletes put their hands through tough wear and tear every day, which is why we recommend wearing hand sport tape to help relieve pain. Whether you’re a professional athlete or just a weekend warrior, hand sport tape can work wonders for your hands.
You’ve probably seen athletes with their hands taped up and wondered what the benefits are. Hand sport tape is a stronger, more durable version of regular bandages. It’s used to protect the hands from calluses, blisters, and other injuries.
Here are some reasons why hand sport tape is better than regular bandages:
- It’s more comfortable.
- It doesn’t slip or bunch up like regular bandages do.
- You can still move your fingers and grip things normally.
- It protects against friction and abrasion better than regular bandages.
- You can reuse it multiple times if it’s not too dirty or wet.
Why Use Hand Sport Tape?
There are many reasons why hand sport tape is better than regular bandages. For one, it is much more comfortable to wear. Unlike regular bandages, which can be quite tight and restrictive, hand sport tape is designed to be worn loosely. This allows for a full range of motion in the fingers and hands, which is essential for many athletes.
Another reason why hand sport tape is better than regular bandages is that it provides much better support. The tape helps to stabilize the bones and joints in the hand, which reduces the risk of injury. It also helps to protect the skin from scrapes and cuts.
Finally, hand sport tape is also much easier to remove than regular bandages. This is important because it means that athletes can quickly get back to their training or competition without having to deal with the hassle of removing a bandage.
Types of Hand Sport Tape
There are many different types of hand sport tape available, each with its own advantages. Regular bandages can be too loose or tight, making it difficult to get a comfortable fit. Hand sport tape is designed to be more comfortable and provide a better fit.
Athletic or kinesiology tape is one type of hand sport tape that is becoming increasingly popular. This tape is designed to support muscles and joints while still allowing full range of motion. It can be used to treat a variety of injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, and sprains.
Another type of sport tape is known as therapeutic tape. This tape is designed to help relieve pain and improve circulation. It can be used to treat conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis. Therapeutic tape is often used in conjunction with other treatments, such as massage therapy or acupuncture.
whichever type of hand sport tape you choose, make sure that it is the right size for your hand. Too small or too large of a strip can cause discomfort and make it difficult to use the Tape properly
The Benefits of Using Hand Sport Tape
There are several benefits of using sport tape over regular bandages. One benefit is that it helps to keep the area clean and dry. This is because when you sweat, the moisture can seep through the bandage and cause irritation. With hand sport tape, this is not an issue because it creates a barrier between your skin and the bandage.
Another benefit of using hand sport tape is that it provides support and stability to the area. This is especially helpful if you have an injury or are recovering from surgery. The tape will help to keep the area in place so that it can heal properly.
Finally, sport tape is also very comfortable to wear. It does not bunch up like regular bandages can and it does not irritate the skin like some adhesives can. This makes it a great option for those who are active and need to have their hands taped on a regular basis.
How to Apply Hand Sport Tape
If you’re looking for a little extra support for your hands during sporting activities, then hand sport tape is a great option. It’s also a good choice if you’re allergic to latex or adhesives. Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying hand sport tape:
- Start by clean, dry hands. If your skin is oily, you can use an alcohol swab to remove any excess oils.
- Cut the hand sport tape to the desired length. You’ll want to leave about 1/2 inch of space at the end of each strip so that you can easily peel it off later.
- Apply the first strip of tape around the base of your palm, just below your thumb. Make sure that the strip is positioned so that when you close your hand, the edges of the strip will come together evenly.
- Wrap the strip around your hand and over your thumb, then secure it in place with another piece of tape or by tucking the end under itself.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with additional strips of tape until your entire hand is covered. Make sure that all of the strips are positioned smoothly and without any wrinkles or gaps.
- Once all of the strips are in place, gently rub your hands together to help adhere them further and make sure that there are no air bubbles trapped under the tape.
In conclusion, sport tape is a great alternative to regular bandages for a number of reasons. It is breathable, comfortable, and allows you to still use your hands while wearing it. If you are looking for a quality product to help support your hands during activities, then hand sport tape is worth considering.